Mary Kathryn Kozy's
Silas STARR was born 7 Nov 1782 in Maryland, the 3rd son of Henry and Mary STARR. Henry's family moved into Georgia about 1785, and Silas married Elizabeth KAIN PINKSTON on 4 Dec 1806 in Wilkes County, Georgia (this is according to family Bible records). See Elizabeth KAIN's page for information regarding her first marriage.
Silas and Elizabeth had 9 children, most of whom were born in Wilkes County, Georgia. The last few were most likely born in Newton County, Georgia. They are as follows:
- Mary, b. 11 Jun 1808, d. 17 Mar 1845. (Married George W. LEAK, widower of her younger sister, Elizabeth.)
- John Kain, b. 16 Nov 1809, d. 13 Nov 1843.
- Eliza, b. 1 Sep 1811, d. 9 Jun 1836. (Married George W. LEAK.)
- Harriet Asenath, b. 7 Jan 1814, d. 18 May 1896. (Married Alfred M. RAMSEY.)
- Silas Henry, b. 3 Oct 1815, d. 16 Jan 1894. (Married Ann Jane DABNEY.)
- Eugenia Cunningham, b. 10 Aug 1817, d. 27 Sep 1896. (Married Milton LEAK.)
- Euphemia Crawford, b. 10 Feb 1820, d. 22 Jun 1847.
- Emily, b. 10 Dec 1821, d. 13 Dec 1821.
- Lilly Barnett, b. 11 Apr 1823, d. 21 Sep 1897. (Married Lemon M. BROWN.)
Silas Starr published his last will and testament on 28 May 1853. His obituary is a tribute to his upright Christian life. Silas' wife Elizabeth died prior to him on 3 May 1856 in Starrsville, Newton County, Georgia. Silas followed her in death 17 Dec 1857 also in Starrsville. They are both buried in the Starr Cemetery in Starrsville, Newton County, Georgia.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2021 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?