Mary Kathryn Kozy's
The following information was provided by Lyrice Shiver McCranie and from the family Bible records of James and Polly Shiver.
James Shiver was born abt. 1800, probably in South Carolina.
He was married 5 Jun 1823 to Polly SHIVER (a cousin of James, but her parents are unknown at this time) in Laurens County, Georgia. The known children of this couple are:
- John, b. 24 Feb 1824, d. 4 Nov 1857. (Married Margaret ????).
- Emily, b. 15 Nov 1827. (Married Warren SHIVER).
- Hampton, b. 14 May 1830. (Married Mentana Ann SHIVER).
- Green Berry, b. 3 Mar 1832. (Married (1) Frances Louisa WILLIAMS and (2) Mrs. Sarah J. or Sally ARRINGTON).
- J. Hugh "Gehew", b. 13 Apr 1834. (Married Elizabeth SHIVER).
- Napoleon Bonapart, 11 May 1836. (Married (1) Sarah WILLIS, (2) Susan WILLIAMS, (3) Tabitha SIMPSON, and (4) Samantha [-?-]).
- Laurel, b. 17 Sep 1838. (Married Georgia Ann WILLIAMS).
- Queen Tiny, b. 25 Aug 1841. (Married Jacob Henry SHIVER).
Polly passed away in her mid-30's "after four days illness" on 7 Mar 1843. James, according to the Bible record, died on 2 Oct 1870.
More information about James and his family will be added in the near future.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2022 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?