Mary Kathryn Kozy's
The following information was provided by Lyrice Shiver McCranie, and includes information she received from Laverne Calloway of Tallahassee, Florida.
Ransom Shiver was born about 1810 in South Carolina.
He was married probably about 1831/1832 to Sarah [likely maiden name KEMP, daughter of Folton and Elizabeth KEMP]. It is most likely that they married in South Carolina. The known children of this couple are:
- Warren, b. 1833. (Married Emily SHIVER).
- Marion Manning, b. 1836. (Married Elizabeth DOWNS).
- Jacob Henry, b. 1838. (Married Queen Tiney SHIVER).
- Anthony, b. 16 Dec 1839, d. 11 Sep 1884. (Married Marinda TOLER).
- Green W., b. 1842, d. 3 Nov 1861.
- Jackson W., b. abt. 1844, d. 4 Oct 1861.
- Faulton or Folton, b. 30 Mar 1845, d. 5 Mar 1912. (Married (1) Debean "Debby Ann" DANIEL and (2) Annie STARR).
- Elizabeth "Lizzie", b. 18 Jul 1848, d. 30 Mar 1916. (Married J. Hugh "Gehew" SHIVER).
- Robert "Buck", b. 1849. (Married , (1) Jackie Ann DANIELS, (2) Caroline ????, and (3) Betsy CALLAWAY).
- Alexander, b. Dec 1854. (Married (1) Elizabeth or Liddy SHIVER, (2) Mary Elizabeth WILLIAMS).
According to his estate papers, Ransom died some time before 30 Oct 1854, leaving his wife Sarah a widow with a number of small children.
Sarah's death date is unknown at this time.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2021 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?