The following information was provided by Lyrice Shiver McCranie, and includes information she received from Laverne Calloway of Tallahassee, Florida.
Ransom Shiver was born 28 Jan 1836 in Dooly County, Georgia, the fifth child of Enoch and Dedemiah (LOVE or NETTLES) SHIVER.
Ransom was married about 1866 to Lydia SULLIVAN, daughter of William Manning SULLIVAN and Rebecca Jane SHIVER. Ransom and Lydia were probably married in Mitchell County, Georgia. The known children of this couple are:
- John M., b. abt. 1868.
- William Thomas, b. Jun 1870, d. 1901. (Married Susie Ann WEST).
- Joel Ransom or Minnie, b. 9 Apr 1874, d. 14 Aug 1966. (Married Allie C. WEST).
- Martha Ann, b. abt 1876. (Married William PERKINS).
- Marzilla, b. 24 Jun 1877, d. 30 Nov 1954. (Married (1) Elias CUMBEST and (2) Deward Augustus SHIVER).
- Henry Solomon, b. Apr 1879. (Married (1) Sarah SHIVER and (2) Annie HALL).
- Della A., b. Apr 1882, d. 1912. (Married Faulton S. SHIVER).
- Hattie, b. Jul 1886.
- Nora, b. Nov 1889. (Married G. M. EATON).
Lydia died some time before 1900 and is buried in Cool Springs Baptist Church Cemetery in Colquitt County, Georgia. Ransom followed her in death in 1909 in Mitchell County, and is buried near his wife.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2021 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?