A Smattering of Past Speaking Engagements
12 Oct 2013 (Sat), all day - Heritage Quest Research Library Autumn Quest, Sumner. Topic: FamilySearch.org & Genealogy in the Future
2 Nov 2013 (Sat), all day - Whatcom County Genealogical Society Fall Seminar, Bellingham. Topics: Genealogy Software Programs, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow; Integrating DNA Information and Genealogy; and Naturalization & Ship's Lists
19 Sep 2015 (Sat), 9:00am - 4:00 pm - Skagit County Genealogical Society, Mount Vernon (with Jill Morelli). Topics: Researching in Newspapers & Google and Its Genealogy Tools.
7-8 Aug 2016 (Sun/Mon), IAJGS Conference, Seattle. Topics: Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Understanding Autosomal DNA, Using Social Media for Genealogy: Why Bother?, and Google and Its Genealogy Tools.
23 Sep 2016 (Fri), 1:15pm - Ancestry Days, Tacoma. Topic: Tracing People Through Time & Space Using Timelines.
6 March 2017 (Mon), 7:00-9:00pm - Jewish Genealogical Society of the Conejo Valley and Ventura County, Thousand Oaks, CA. Topic: Google and Its Tools for Genealogists. Google & Its Genealogy Tools.
10-11 March 2017 (Fri/Sat) - Victoria LDS Family History Fair, Victoria, British Columbia. Topics: Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Understanding Autosomal DNA and Social Media for Family History: Why Bother?
1 Apr 2017 (Sat), Full-day seminar - Eastern Washington Genealogical Society, Spokane. Topics: DNA Fundamentals and mtDNA Testing; Y-DNA Testing and Its Applications to Genealogy; Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Using Autosomal DNA for Family History; and Using Your Results, GEDmatch & Other Third-Party Tools.
Current Speaking Schedule
3 Jun 2017 (Sat), 2:00-4:00pm - Everett Public Library, Everett. Topic: Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Understanding Autosomal DNA.
6 Jun 2017 (Tues), 10:30am-12:00pm - Puget Sound Genealogical Society, Bremerton, WA. Topic: I've Had My DNA Tested... Now What?
6 Jun 2017 (Tues) 7:30-9:00pm - Jewish Genealogical Society of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. Topic: Tracing People Through Time & Space Using Timelines.
19 Aug 2017 (Sat) - Northwest Genealogy Conference, Arlington, WA. Topic Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Understanding Autosomal DNA.
14 Sep 2017 (Thurs), 7:00-8:30pm - Lower Columbia Genealogical Society, Longview, WA. Topic: I've Had My DNA Tested... Now What?
16 Sep 2017 (Sat), 2:00-4:00pm - Everett Public Library, Everett, WA. Topic: I've Had My DNA Tested... Now What?
14 Oct 2017 (Sat), 9:00am-4:30pm - Surrey LDS Family History Fair, Surrey, British Columbia. Topics: TBD.
Various lectures available:
- Genealogy on the Internet - The Basics
- More Genealogy on the Internet - Beyond the Basics
- Genealogy Gadgets for the 21st Century
- Google and Its Genealogy Tools
- Using Social Media for Family History: Why Bother?
- Records and Methodology:
- Beginning Genealogy - Where Do I Start?
- Records, Records Everywhere! How Can They Help Me?
- Organizing Your Family History in Order to Stay Sane
- Planning and Preparing for a Research Trip
- Finding and Using Church Records
- Naturalization and Ship's Lists
- Tracing People Through Time & Space Using Timelines
- Researching in Historical Newspapers
- Citing Sources and Citations
- FamilySearch Topics:
- Getting to Know FamilySearch.org
- FamilySearch: Family Tree Basics
- FamilySearch: Advanced Family Tree
- FamilySearch Wiki: What a Resource!
- DNA Topics:
- Maternal & Paternal Lines: Using Y-DNA and mtDNA in Genealogy
- Can You Help Me Find My Cousins? Using Autosomal DNA
- I've Had My DNA Tested... Now What?
Though I realize it would be a rare society event that would occur on Sunday, I cannot accept a speaking engagement on a Sunday.
Fee range is negotiable. $100 will be charged for established societies. $0-99 will be charged for societies that are new, smaller, or struggling to become established. Expenses, such as hotel and travel expenses (gas, ferry, etc.), are an additional charge.
I am willing to appear in all regions of Washington State and beyond.
Fee does not include handouts. I will send a master copy set that the society can reproduce for the meeting and then retain the set for their file library.
This site last updated Friday, 12-May-2017 20:16:15 EDT.
Copyright © 1998-2017 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?