(1789 - 1817)
Asa STARR, one of the younger sons of Henry and Mary STARR, has another He was married to Fenton MELEAR, daughter of Richard H. and Martha MELEAR, abt. 1798 or 1799, most likely in Georgia.
Joshua and Fenta had 13 children, who are listed below:
- Sarah "Sally" Darley, b. 22 Nov 1799, d. aft. 1881. (Married John W. POYNER). For more information on this line, please contact Lynn Atkinson White.
- William Henry, b. 28 Mar 1801, d. 28 Jul 1864. (Married (1) Mahala BIRD, (2) Mrs. Mary HAWKINS).
- Richard Copel, b. 2 Mar 1803, d. 15 May 1809.
- Martha Hardwick, b. 11 Nov 1804. (Married William J. SAPPINGTON).
- John Wesley, b. 6 Aug 1806, d. 20 Feb 1870. (Married Hannah MILLER). For more information on this line, please contact Ouida Starr Woodson.
- James Russell, b. 25 Apr 1808, d. 17 Jul 1840. (Married Phoebe REYNOLDS).
- Barsheba, b. Jan 1810. (Married Samuel OGLETREE).
- Joshua, b. 1 Oct 1811, d. 26 Oct 1873. (Married (1) Martha M. HARRIS, (2) Georgia BARTEE).
- Mary "Polly", b. 10 Oct 1813, d. 2 Sep 1883. (Married Elihue CRAWFORD).
- Fenton, b. 10 Jun 1815. (Married Berriah KING).
- Enoch George, b. 15 Apr 1817, d. 30 May 1817.
- Samuel Turner, b. 26 Mar 1818, d. 1873?. (Married Lettie FULTON).
- Margaret Lee, b. 25 Apr 1820, d. 26 Sep 1885/1888?. (Married Watson A. CRAWFORD).
To view a text file of information gathered by Linda Sparks Starr about Joshua STARR, please click here.
Joshua died on 29 Oct 1822 in Wilkes County, Georgia, leaving his wife Fenton a widow with quite a few small children. She followed him in death on 8 Sep 1836 in Henry County, Georgia.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2019 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?