William Riley SHIVER
The following information was provided by Shirley Turner Shiver and Jim Swailes, after many, many years of hard work and research!
William Riley Shiver was born 23 Apr 1857 in Dale County, Alabama, the 5th child of Abner and Mary (JOHNSON) SHIVER. On 6 Jan 1884 in Coffee County, Alabama he married Luisa JACKSON.
To this union was born 7 children:
- Sarah Elizabeth, b. 9 Oct 1884, d. 3 Jul 1953.
- George Washington, b. 31 Mar 1886, d. 6 Apr 1948. (Married Pinkie COCHRAN).
- Andrew Colin, b. Aug 1888. (Married Blanch ????).
- Mary Lela, b. 11 Dec 1890, d. Jun 1984. (Married Richard CHESHIRE).
- Jeanette Anna, b. 2 Dec 1892, d. 9 Jun 1940. (Married Homer Colesta BAGGETT, Sr.).
- Asbery, b. 4 Dec 1894, d. 21 Sep 1905.
- John Harvie, b. 6 Sep 1897, d. Jul 1970. (Married Lois REEVES).
Luisa died 2 Oct 1916 in Chancellor, Geneva County, Alabama and is buried Hamilton Crossroads Cemetery in Brundidge in Pike County. William Riley then remarried to Mrs. Celie FOOTE, and the couple had 1 daughter:
- May Bell, b. 25 Sep 1912, d. 23 May 1913.
William Riley died 2 Oct 1916 in Chancellor, Geneva County, AlabamaIf you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2017 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?