The following information was provided by Lyrice Shiver McCranie, and includes information she received from Laverne Calloway of Tallahassee, Florida.
Manning Shiver was born about 1804 in South Carolina.
He was married probably about 1825/1826 to Sarah. It is most likely that they married in South Carolina. The known children of this couple are:
- Rebecca Jane, b. 4 Oct 1827, d. 30 Apr 1912. (Married William Manning SULLIVAN). For more information on this line, please contact Tara Barrett.
- William, b. abt. 1829. (Married Ann STANLEY).
- Juda Ann, b. abt. 1830. (Married James T. HANCOCK).
- Mary, b. 1 May 1832, d. 6 Apr 1916. (Married John SHIVER).
- Dorcas, b. abt. 1834. (Married Henry Fleming SHIVER).
- Manning "Dow", b. 7 Jan 1837, d. 30 May 1917. (Married Celia Elizabeth JOINER).
- Dedanne Elizabeth "Lizzie", b. 2 Jan 1839, d. 9 Oct 1905. (Married Jeremiah M. "Jerry" SPRING).
- Dillamire, b. abt. 1840.
- Sarah, b. 1843, d. 1886. (Married Jasper Newton JOINER).
- Elizabeth, b. abt. 1845. (Married John S. SHIVER).
- Ivine T., b. abt. 1847, d. 6 Feb 1885. (Married Martha E. WILLINGHAM).
- Missouri, b. abt. 1850, d. 1860.
- George Oliver, b. abt. 1851. (Married Mary WILLINGHAM).
- Emily Jane, b. 14 Oct 1854, d. 30 Oct 1918. (Married John W. WATERS).
1850 Federal Census of Irwin County, Georgia
M432, Roll #, Page #405, Dwelling #232, Family #232
NAME AGE SEX OCCUPATION R/E VALUE BIRTHPLACE Mannis SHIVER 46 M Farming $1200 South Carolina Sarah SHIVER 44 F Georgia William SHIVER 21 M $200 Georgia Darkis SHIVER 16 F Georgia Manin SHIVER 14 M Georgia Dittamire SHIVER 10 F Georgia Sarah SHIVER 7 F Georgia Elizabeth SHIVER 5 F Georgia Davis SHIVER 2 M Georgia Masonry SHIVER 6/12 F Georgia
More information about Manning and his family will be added in the near future.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2021 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?