Isaac Shiver was born either 1819 or 1822 in South Carolina, the 4th son of John SHIVER and Hannah CLEMMONS. Some time in the mid-1790's he met and married Martha ???.
To this union was born at least 11 children:
- Burwell or Burrel, b. bet. 1790 and 1800, d. 3 Jun 1852.
- Daniel. (Married Mentena SHIVER).
- Elijah, abt. 1798. (Married Nancy ???).
- Milley. (Married George PAYNE).
- Catherine. (Married Nathan WOMBLE).
- Jacob. (Married (1) Susan BURCH and (2) Mary DEES).
- Bonaparte, b. 1811. (Married Hannah DINSON).
- Canzada (Cansady), b. abt. 1816, d. 11 Oct 1880. (Married (1) George CHERRY and (2) Arthur NEWMAN).
- Isaac, b. 1822. (Married (1) Evaline G. DENSON, (2) Mary Ann C. BURCH, and (3) Margaret D. CROSS).
- George. (Married Mary ANDERSON).
Sometime during the growth of their family or shortly after the birth of their last child, Abraham and Martha moved into Georgia. Most of their children ended up in the Dooly, Houston, Pulaski, and Worth County, Georgia area.
Abraham's last will and testament was filed in Pulaski County on 22 May 1843. He died on 30 Jan 1844. His wife Martha died sometime before his will was filed, as she is not mentioned therein.
Three of Abraham's sons moved further south into Hamilton County, Florida, according to an article in Vol. 18, #22 of the Hawkinsville Dispatch dated Thursday Morning, 29 May 1884. It states: "Among those who moved from Pulaski and the adjoining counties to Hamilton County, Florida from 1845 to 1855, were James L. Carruthers, Ed Isaac, Daniel Mathews, James Oliver Jelks, Sam Robuck, Pleasant Robuck, William Robuck, D. T. Cross, Jacob Shiver, Isaac Shiver and Bone Shiver."
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2018 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?