Noah Dunlap PURCELL
Noah Dunlap Purcell was born 10 Jun 1843 in Knox Co., Indiana. He was the second son and fourth child of John PURCELL and Eliza SKOMP. Noah married Florenza BUCK about 1863 probably in Cincinnati, Hamilton Co., Ohio. There have been numerous attempts to locate a marriage license for this couple. Knox Co., IN, Ross Co., OH, and Hamilton Co., OH have all been searched. The information coming down through the family is that they married in Cincinnati. There was a large destruction of records in a courthouse fire in Hamilton Co., Ohio, which may account for the inability to locate the record.
To this marriage was born 10 children:
- Frank Alexander, b. 11 Jun 1865, d. 12 May 1935. (Married Phila Mallory SMITH).
- Charles Thomas, b. 22 Aug 1866, d. 2 Aug 1946. (Married Anna GOEPPERT).
- Edward Dunlap, b. 7 Aug 1868, d. ????. (Married Fannie HARBIN).
- Sarah Elizabeth "Lizzie", b. 15 Feb 1870, d. 2 Nov 1949.
- Frances Ann "Laila", b. 9 Feb 1872, d. 29 Jul 1954. (Married Albert LATSHAW).
- Jane May, b. 2 Jun 1874, d. 28 Jul 1960. (Married Albert JOHNSON).
- Lee Buck, b. 20 Apr 1876, d. abt. 1921. (Married Faye SMITH).
- Louis Arthur, b. 11 Apr 1878, d. 14 Jan 1948. (Married Stella M. KELSO).
- Martha McClosky "Mattie", b. 28 Oct 1882, d. 26 Sep 1959. (Married George Morten PATTERSON).
- Della Lyda, b. 16 Oct 1885, d. 9 Jun 1985. (Married James Clifford CREWS, Sr.).
1870 Federal Census of Vincennes P.O., Palmyra Township, Knox County, Indiana
Enumeration Date: 23 Jul 1870
M593, Roll #331, Page #25, Dwelling #138, Family #142
NAME SEX AGE OCCUPATION R/E VALUE P/E VALUE BIRTHPLACE Noah D. PURCELL 27 M Farmer 12200 1920 Indiana Fannie PURCELL 27 F Keeping House Indiana Frank PURCELL 5 M Indiana Charlie PURCELL 3 M Indiana Eddie PURCELL 1 M Indiana Elizabeth PURCELL 4/12 (born Feb.) F Indiana Alonzo SPITTZ 26 M Day Laborer Indiana Florence CHATWELL 13 F At Home Virginia Jane CAIN 20 F Dom. Servant Virginia
Florenza preceded Noah in death on 22 Mar 1907 in Palmyra Township, Knox County, Indiana. She is buried in Upper Indiana Church Cemetery in Vincennes. Her obituary appeared in the Vincennes Sun. Noah passed away on 14 Nov 1923 in Vincennes, Knox County, Indiana. He is buried next to Florenza in Upper Indiana Church Cemetery. Noah's obituary appeared in the Vincennes Sun. There was a funeral notice that appeared before the funeral, and another funeral notice was published after the funeral.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me at the address below. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2018 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?