Daniel BUCK was born 19 May 1799 in Wythe Co., Virginia. He was the second child of Johannes Christian BUCK and Christina STEFFEY. Daniel married Elizabeth COWDEN on 17 Mar 1825 in Wythe County, Virginia.
To this marriage was born 8 children:
- Margaret, b. abt 1826. (Married George BALTIS).
- Christine, b. abt. 1829. (Married Matthew McARTHUR).
- LeeAnder, b. 13 Mar 1832, d. 13 Jul 1907. (Married Anna Marie JORDAN).
- Jane, b. 13 Nov 1833, d. 5 Feb 1902. (Married Simon NICHOLSON).
- Louisa, b. abt. 1834. (Married Turell CAMPBELL).
- Emmaline, b. 4 Apr 1836. (Married Mr. UTT).
- Abraham Steffey, b. Jul 1838, d. 7 Jan 1922. (Married Mary Elizabeth GERMICK).
- Florenza, b. 6 Sep 1842, d. (Married Noah Dunlap PURCELL).
1850 Federal Census of 61st District, Knox County, Indiana
Dwelling #255 , Family #255
NAME AGE SEX OCCUPATION R/E VALUE BIRTHPLACE Daniel BUCK 51 M Farmer Virginia Christina BUCK 21 F Virginia Leander BUCK 19 M Virginia Jane BUCK 17 F Virginia Louisa BUCK 16 F Virginia Emaline BUCK 14 F Virginia Abraham BUCK 12 M Virginia Florinda BUCK 10 F Virginia
Elizabeth passed away when her youngest daughter was only 5 on 25 Sep 1847 in Knox County, Indiana. She is buried in Royal Oak Cemetery in Knox County, Indiana. Daniel died a number of years later in 1879 in Knox County, Indiana. I assume he is buried next to Elizabeth in Royal Oak Cemetery, but do not know for sure. This remains to be researched.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me at the address below. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2019 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?