Rebecca Caroline MARTIN
(abt. 1827-abt. 1883)
Rebecca Caroline MARTIN was born 1 May 1826 in Hamilton County, Tennessee. She was the 4th known child of an unknown MARTIN and Anna ????.
She was married about 1851, probably in Walker County, Georgia to Robert Howard MAHAN. They had 9 children:
- Elizabeth Ann, b. abt. 1853. (Married James Houston BLAIR).
- Amanuel Rogers, b. 18 Apr 1854, d. 4 Nov 1923. (Married Charity Patience MOORE).
- Martha Adeline, b. abt. 1857, d. 1936. (Married Charles A. SMITH).
- John Whitfield, b. abt. 1859, d. 1938. (Married Ada Salome DAY).
- Exer, b. 16 Jul 1861.
- Robert Howard, b. 1863.
- Sara Lou Della, b. 1865. (Married M. M. SHANKLES).
- James Alexander, b. Aug 1867, d. 1869.
- Susan, b. Nov 1869, d. 1871.
1860 Federal Census of Cedar Grove, Upper Cove Dist., Walker County, Georgia
M653, Roll # , Page #865, Dwelling #1376, Family #1319
NAME AGE SEX OCCUPATION R/E VALUE P/E VALUE BIRTHPLACE Robert H. MAHAN 31 M Georgia Rebecca C. MAHAN 33 F Tennessee Elizabeth MAHAN 7 F Georgia Amanuel R. MAHAN 5 M Georgia Martha A. MAHAN 3 F Georgia John W. MAHAN 1 M Georgia
Rebecca died about 1883 in Walker County, Georgia. She is buried in the Mahan Cemetery on Harvey Carlock's Farm in Kensington, Georgia. I do not have a death date for Robert Howard Mahan.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2017 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?