Philip THURMAN was born on 15 Nov 1757 near the Big Pee Dee, Anson County, North Carolina. This information is stated in his Revolutionary War pension records. He was the son of Benjamin THURMAN and an unknown mother.
Philip was married 10 Jul 1783 in Anson County, North Carolina to Keziah ???? of Chesterfield County, South Carolina. They had 11 known children, the first 8 of whom were born in South Carolina, and the last 3 in Tennessee:
- Eli, b. 22 Apr 1784, d. 10 Mar 1842. (Married Sarah RAINEY).
- James, b. 1786, d. 1818. (Married Elizabeth McNAIR).
- Easter (twin), b. 25 Jun 1788. (Married Rev. John GRAHAM).
- Phoebe (twin), b. 25 Jun 1788, d. 17 Aug 1816. (Married Asahel RAWLINGS).
- Sarah "Sally", b. 24 Mar 1790, d. 8 Apr 1862. (Married Elisha ROGERS).
- Mary, b. 17 Mar 1792, d. 30 May 1849. (Married George Washington SAWYER).
- Ephraim, b. 16 Jan 1797, d. 1862. (Married Rosannah ROGERS).
- Stephen, b. abt. 1799.
- Elijah (twin), b. 27 Feb 1805.
- Susannah (twin), b. 27 Feb 1805.
- John, b. 1808.
Philip died on 2 Sep 1840 in Bledsoe County, Tennessee. His wife, Keziah, followed him in death in Jun 1845 also in Bledsoe County. Their burial location is unknown to me at this time.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2017 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?