Seaborn LUCKEY was born between 1816 and 1820 in Georgia. He was the son of Samuel LUCKEY of South Carolina and an unknown mother.
He was married to Irene BARFIELD about 1845, probably in Mitchell County, Georgia. To this marriage were born 9 children:
- Jonathon L., b. Jan 1847. (Married Missouri A. COLLINS).
- Mary, b. abt. 1848. (Married Robert MORGAN).
- William H. "Bill", b. Sep 1850. (Married (1) Amanda MARTIN and (2) Rosa JENKINS).
- Anna Jane "Pinky", b. 28 Jan 1854, d. 22 Feb 1917. (Married Harmon Preston PALMER). For more information on this line, please contact Lyrice Shiver McCranie.
- Thomas C., b. 26 Jan 1856, d. 17 Jun 1886. (Married Susan ???).
- Samuel Barfield, b. 8 May 1858, d. 7 Nov 1912. (Married Eliza GRINER).
- Cornelius, b. abt. 1860.
- Winnie, b. abt. 1863, d. 20 Mar 1947.
- Delila or Lila, b. 1 Apr 1865. (Married Seaborn E. "Seab" PALMER).
1850 Federal Census of 9th District, Baker County, Georgia
Enumeration Date: 8 Dec 1850
M432, Roll #61, Page #33, Dwelling #3, Family #3
NAME AGE SEX OCCUPATION R/E VALUE BIRTHPLACE Seabron LUCKEY 30 M Farmer $1500 Georgia Irene LUCKEY 21 F South Carolina Jonathan LUCKEY 4 M Georgia Mary LUCKEY 2 F Georgia
1860 Federal Census of Camilla P.O., Mitchell County, Georgia
Enumeration Date: 16 Jun 1860
M653, Roll #131, Page #654, Dwelling #135, Family #141
NAME AGE SEX OCCUPATION R/E VALUE P/E VALUE BIRTHPLACE Seaborn LUCKEY 40 M Farmer $2000 $500 Georgia Arrena LUCKEY 36 F South Carolina Johnathan LUCKEY 14 M Georgia Mary LUCKEY 12 F Georgia William H. LUCKEY 8 M Georgia Anna J. LUCKEY 6 F Georgia Thomas LUCKEY 5 M Georgia Samuel LUCKEY 3 M Georgia Cornelius LUCKEY 1/12 M Georgia Pellena E. PERRY 23 F Georgia
Seaborn Luckey did serve in the Civil War on the Confederate side, enlisting in Capt. Brooks Co., GA Infantry (Mitchell Home Guards). Based on this, I assume that he stayed near home to care for his family, as he was in his mid-40's at the time.
His first wife, Irene, died sometime between 1865 and 1867. Seaborn remarried Angelina Nancy DAVIS. They had only one daughter:
- Elizabeth "Lizzie", b. 10 Aug 1868, d. 16 Sep 1939. (Married Loyd Hampton SHIVER).
1870 Federal Census of Camilla P.O., 10th District, Mitchell County, Georgia
M593, Roll #166, Page #25, Dwelling #377, Family #379
NAME SEX AGE OCCUPATION R/E VALUE P/E VALUE BIRTHPLACE Seaborn LUCKEY M 53 Farmer $1500 $900 Georgia Angalina LUCKEY F 28 Keeping House Alabama Johnathan LUCKEY M 23 Farm Laborer $125 Georgia Mary LUCKEY F 18 At Home Georgia William H. LUCKEY M 19 Farm Laborer Georgia Anna LUCKEY F 15 At Home Georgia Thomas LUCKEY M 14 Farm Laborer Georgia Samuel LUCKEY M 12 Georgia Winnie LUCKEY F 7 Georgia Lilie LUCKEY F 5 Georgia Elizabeth LUCKEY F 1 Georgia
From probate papers filed in Mitchell County in Feb 1871, it appears that Seaborn died sometime before that. His burial place is unknown at this time.
If you can add any information to the above data or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you!
Copyright © 1998-2019 by Mary Kathryn Kozy
Questions or comments?